We are very proud to have a number of successful sports academies as part of our Sixth Form. Students who wish to combine a high quality academic experience with the opportunity to develop their talents in sport will be well catered for at Copleston. Our two academies – basketball and dance – are all run by specialist coaches and have had success in sporting tournaments, both at a regional and national level.
As a member of Copleston Sports Academy and Sixth Form you will benefit from:
- Individual academic programmes which allow each student to maximise their potential.
- Academic and pastoral support from a wide range of staff.
- Each year group has a Head of Year who oversees the daily care, guidance and support of students.
- Outstanding purpose built study facilities that provide students with the environment to achieve their academic potential.
- Specialist advice and guidance about university and career paths that is readily available throughout your time at Sixth Form.
- Weekly high level coaching in your chosen sport
- High level competitive fixtures
- High quality playing and training kit
- Access to a professional strength and conditioning coach, who will work with you to design a programme tailored to your individual requirements
- Free access to a professional sports physiotherapist when required
- Free membership of the schools comprehensive fitness suite
The Ipswich Basketball Academy has been recognised by England Basketball as one of the top Academies in the East Region and one of only 12 institutions in the country delivering the AASE programme. Led by international coach Nick Drane students in the Academy will receive up to 14 hours of coaching alongside their academic studies.
Led by Michelle Steward the Copleston Dance Academy provides the opportunity for talented Dancers to combine their academic studies with a high class training programme. For any dancer we believe this is an amazing opportunity for you continue to challenge and develop yourself as a performer. It will run alongside your studies and enhance any dance training you may be involved in out of school hours.
If you are interested in finding out more about our Sports Academies, please contact David Leach, our Sports Academies Director:
tel: 01473 277240 (Ext: 771)