Our aim is to:
- create the highest possible standards in Teaching and Learning
- deliver high quality learning experiences for all pupils and, in so doing, to
- maximise learner outcomes through developing the whole person
Achieving Success Together and Sharing the Challenge
are key mottos for students and staff respectively that typify our passion for optimal collaboration.
- Learn together
- Share best practice
- Listen and respond to need
The terms “Teaching and Learning” and “Learning and Teaching” are used interchangeably and synonymously to highlight the equity given to putting both “Teaching” and “Learning” first at Copleston High School.
Consistency is maximised through our whole school model that promotes a common language for learning.
We are proud of our:
- High quality Professional Development Programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- Staff led Workshops (peer-to-peer)
- Coaching models
- Collaborative Planning on Wednesday afternoons
- Reflective practice
- Enquiry based research
- Partnerships with other schools
- National teacher training work for the SSAT
All is focused on sustained improvements in classroom practice and variety of learner experience.
Open House Approach
Our culture of sharing best practice extends beyond our boundaries. We have benefitted greatly from taking a wider perspective and learning from other schools locally, nationally and internationally. For this we are grateful and in the spirit of mutual benefit we much welcome visitors to and interest in our School.