A Warm Welcome from the Principal - Andy Green
It is my pleasure as the Principal of Copleston High School School to welcome you to our website. I hope that you find all the information you are looking for. We are a dynamic and successful 11-18 school serving the Ipswich community. We have students of all abilities and from a wide variety of backgrounds, all of whom contribute to the richness and diversity of our school population.
Copleston High School is an exceptional learning environment with a real community spirit. We provide students with a high degree of challenge combined with excellent support and as a result the outcomes that students achieve are very strong. Our staff share a commitment to delivering interesting and engaging lessons and to raising attainment. Relationships between staff and students are excellent and discipline is very good. We treat one another with respect and understanding.
We have a genuinely comprehensive intake and we work hard to meet the needs of all our students, from those who come to us with exceptional talents and abilities to those who require additional support to succeed. Our expectations of students at Copleston and our ethos remain consistent. We strive for excellence in all that we do. Our strap line “Achieving Success Together” guides us all- students and staff. Over the past few years we have developed a series of clear and consistent practices about how we teach and the qualities that we wish to develop in our learners; the Copleston DNA. They are at the heart of our success.
We are well resourced in our staffing and we have a modern, well-equipped estate which supports learning. The Copleston site is impressive with a brand new multi-million pound purpose-built school that has recently been completed. The school also has an excellent sports centre that hosts national basketball fixtures on a frequent and we are have a brand new 3G “All-Weather” sports pitch that will be completed in summer 2020. We believe strongly that all resources should be maintained and equipped to the highest standards to meet the expectations and demands of today's students, their parents, and the wide-ranging timetable we offer. We also cater for the needs of the community where the school is used every evening for various activities and at the weekends it is the home of the Coplestonians Football Club which has a long and proud association with the school.
We offer a wide range of leadership and extra-curricular opportunities to our students at Copleston. My staff team and I are committed to ensuring our young people progress to college, university and working life, fulfilling their aspirations. We provide a first-rate education at Copleston because we equip our students with the skills, knowledge and attitude required to be good citizens and to succeed in the 21st century.
At Copleston we have very high expectations of everyone who is involved with the school - from students and staff to parents and governors. Our goal is to see all students become highly-skilled learners, achieving excellent standards and leading fulfilling and exciting lives. Students and teachers alike enjoy lessons, which make for a positive and purposeful atmosphere throughout the school. Our commitment to equal opportunities is reflected in all aspects of school life and we welcome young people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs. We aim for our students to leave Copleston as well-educated, knowledgeable, confident and well-rounded individuals.
Students of all ages and abilities make outstanding progress because of the rich curriculum we offer, along with the excellent care, guidance and support we provide. Our school motto ‘Achieving Success Together’ underpins all that we do here at Copleston and our mission is simple: to ensure that no child is left behind. Our curriculum consists of a rich blend of academic and vocational qualifications, all supported by fantastic learning resources including a state-of-the-art new school building, a superb Sixth Form learning environment, outstanding sports and fitness facilities, as well as modern, generously equipped classrooms, workshops and laboratories. All areas are served by excellent ICT facilities.
- We equip our students with the knowledge, skills and attributes to become confident and proficient life-long learners.
- We offer our students a wide range of opportunities to raise aspirations and open doors for future success.
- We have a very strong focus on acquisition and mastery of the key skills of numeracy and literacy, including a strong emphasis on reading for purpose and pleasure.
- We actively promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our students and provide them with an appreciation of fundamental values, as well as the cultural capital required for success in the modern world.
- We promote home learning and Super-Curricular activities to provide our students with opportunities to take their curriculum beyond the classroom, developing valuable independent learning skills.
- We provide students with a wide range of enrichment and Super-curricular activities, including our unique What’s On Wednesday (WOW) programme where our students can undertake enrichment opportunities between 2.10-4.00 pm every Wednesday afternoon.
- Our school motto ‘Achieving Success Together’ underpins all that we do here at Copleston. Determination, resilience and resourcefulness are qualities that we value highly and are promoted.
We aim to build a love for learning and promote a thirst for knowledge in all our students. We believe that by modelling behaviour, and by recognising and rewarding effort and achievement, we provide an environment where students are proud to present their work and strive for the highest standards. All students can expect to have their efforts and successes recognised and celebrated on both a personal and public level. This ranges from individual praise to certificates, postcards or letters home and awards or whole-school celebration events to work published around the school or in the Copleston Chronicle which is our regular school magazine
We are a school with enormous strengths. Through the continuous hard work and co-operation of staff, students, parents and governors, we have built a reputation for academic success, as well as an excellent standard of pastoral care. Indeed, the ethos at Copleston is underpinned by our genuine desire to support the wellbeing of every student, ensuring that they can realise their full potential.
If you would like a virtual tour of our amazing new school building please click on the links below.
· Ground Floor https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=nw3tK35fieV
· First Floor https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=DjL1VD6KRqL
· Second Floor https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=1byqNg8igbD
I do hope you find our website informative and that it gives you a flavour of what makes Copleston High School so unique and so outstanding.
If after visiting our website and you have any further questions or want to find out more about our school, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr AB Green (Principal)